Xtreme clutches are designed and tested using design for Six Sigma and Lean methods. By using DFMEA (Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) methods, Xtreme makes a high performance clutch at a better price.
Every Xtreme clutches features machined pulleys, Cool Coil Technology, high performance bearings, stainless steel straps and rivets, Xtreme Tough Wire Protection System, and a replaceable bearing.
200 ft. lbs.
- Free heavy-duty "FatBoy Series" upgrade.
- Precision machined billet pulley: CNC machined billet pulleys are stronger, quieter, smoother and maintain stable and faster blade speed. Billet pulleys are used on performance applications like NASCAR engines because they don't spread under load like cheap formed pulleys. When a formed pulley "spreads", the belt sinks deeper into the groove. This lowers the belt speed (like a small pulley would) and slows down your blades.
- High performance bearings with high temperature grease - Xtreme's special blend of bearing grease is rated more than 2 times what is required, delivering "xtreme" bearing life. Electromagnetic clutches run very hot. High temperatures and vibration are rough on bearings. All Xtreme Series clutches use a highly engineered bearing with a proprietary blend of high temperature grease and harder races to ensure a long service life.
- Replaceable pulley bearing - Xtreme mower clutches have a replaceable bearing! The pulley bearing takes a serious beating and is almost always the first thing to go bad. For that reason, the Xtreme design has a replaceable pulley bearing (Note: some models do not have this feature).
- Super tough stainless steel rivets - Xtreme clutches use tough stainless steel brake rivets for a long and safe service life. The Xtreme design uses stainless steel brake rivets instead of weak aluminum or copper rivets. They figure your safety is worth it.
- Stainless steel bands for maximum strength
- Cool coil technology - The "xtremely cool coil" runs over 20% cooler. Electromagnetic clutches run very hot. Most competitive clutches run around 220 degrees. The Xtreme Proprietary Composite Coil runs 175 degrees. The difference is simple: Less heat = extended life.
- Tough, impact-resistant, water-tight wiring harness - Every Xtreme clutch has an integrated water tight connection with 3 layers of protection. Xtreme uses a "water tight" connection at the clutch body instead of a cheap plastic connector with exposed wires. Heat, water, mud, rocks, sticks and curbs are no challenge for the Xtreme Wire Protection System.